One Is a Piñata: A Book of Numbers
Lively picture book enumerates the joys of counting in both English and Spanish
Boisterous illustrations and rhyming text: One is a rainbow. One is a cake. One is a piñata that's ready to break! In this lively picture book, a companion to the Pura Belpré–honored Green Is a Chile Pepper, children discover a fiesta of numbers in the world around them, all the way from one to ten. Many of the featured objects are Latino in origin and all are universal in appeal. With rich, boisterous illustrations, a fun-to-read rhyming text, and an informative glossary, this vibrant book enumerates the joys of counting and the wonders that abound in every child's day!
- Filled with bright and colorful images that makes counting objects a party.
- Includes numbers 1 through 10 in English and Spanish and incorporates Spanish words into the rhyming text.
- Roseanne Greenfield Thong is the author of more than a dozen award-winning children's books, including Round Is a Tortilla, Wish, 'Twas Nochebuena, Día de Los Muertos, and Green Is a Chile Pepper. John Parra is an award-winning illustrator who has received three Pura Belpré Illustrator Honor awards.
Fans of Round is a Tortilla: A Book of Shapes and Green is a Chile Pepper: A Book of Colors will love this lively companion book, One Is a Piñata: A Book of Numbers.
Perfect for preschoolers and early readers working on counting skills and learning basic Spanish vocabulary.
- Books for kids ages 4-7
- Engaging children's picture book that teaches counting skills and is a basic Spanish-language learning tool
- Fun book to read aloud for families or elementary schools